So I have this boy...




So I have this boy who keeps growing up faster and faster. Definitely more quickly than I would like and am comfortable with.

I have this boy who is rambunctious and lovable, unpredictable and sweet, who redefines what it means to be energetic and can melt your heart in less than 2 seconds.



I have this boy who is the one that made me a Mom and I've never wanted to look back. He teaches me what it means to be silly and grateful, patient (oh the patience!) and joyful.

Over the last few weeks I've notice he is becoming his own person. He walks more like his dad,  his shirts fit differently in the shoulders,  his baby squishy-ness has been replaced with lean muscles. And I find myself longing for time to stop; rewind a bit. I'm beginning to take more of a backseat as he develops into this whole being that is Finn.  There are more moments where he proudly,  and with a hint of impatience, states "I can do it myself." More declarations  that sound like they should be coming from a 13-year-old rather than a 2 1/2 year old ("Excuse me, we have to go back,  we forgot my shoes" - Really, kid? Already?).

Inevitable.  This linear process is inevitable and while I know it will be an exciting, wonderful, crazy adventure watching this boy,  my boy,  grow up,  it is also bittersweet. He wants to cuddle less and play more.  Do everything he can independently because he is a "big strong kid." My role as mom has changed a bit. I'm no longer his everything. And that is ok. But it is the bitter part of the sweet.



I have this boy who has stolen my heart and all I can do is watch him run with it!

Comments

  1. Definitely, a tear jerker! Love hin, too! And you! Fantastic Mom!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts