Sick Times 3 (But Wait, I Can't Call in Sick)



Waking up at 2 am and I knew the day was going to be rough. I couldn't swallow and Finn was coughing. Every parent dreads this,  their child being sick.  I would much rather it be me and not than them.  And definitely JUST me and NOT all of us. Parenthood test #1,235: nursing two sick kiddos back to health while ignoring that you yourself is sick toof  (and would like you're mommy).



We spent our rainy day indoors.  Sawyer only wanted to be held and Finn only wanted me NOT to hold Sawyer. Sigh.

So we dressed Sawyer up in his Halloween costume.
Finn calls Sawyer's outfit "dogamatian" (dalmatian )

Read books. Did a make-shift race car ramp. Made up a game in which Finn's goal was to bounce all of the balls off of his indoor tramp without using his hands (bonus this tied him out! ). Then we cleaned.

Finn acting like Bear. (Ignore the mess!)

We are watching my parent's dog Bear right now and he does not love the vacuum. He barks at it and tries to yank it off course. Annoying, yes, but also hilarious to Finn. So what does Finn do,  start barking and chasing the vacuum like Bear! Dogs teaching toddlers. Oye!

Hopefully my boys get over their colds quickly.  Nothing makes me feel worse than seeing them less than 100% - especially Lil Sawyer Bug. He just looks at me like "What's the deal mom?  Why is my nose drippy and why am I so hot? "

But he is the happiest sick baby I've ever seen.  Bless him!



Comments

  1. Wish I was there to help, too. This mommy doesn't like to see her "child" sick, either. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts