Parks Save Our Sanity (well mine anyways)



Most days we have the same routine, wake up,  make breakfast (Finn has yet to have cold cereal and is a bit spoiled with a hot breakfast 6 or 7 days a week - this is more for Keaton's benefit and surprisingly I don't hear too many complaints) then head off for our morning outing.


This week we were lucky enough to visit three different parks,  we the last being Wheeler Farm. Finn's natural energy works best when he can be outdoors.  No matter the house size,  my wild child is more at home being outside. So outside we go,  for my sanity and his!



I love to watch Finn explore.  He is big into cause and effect, throwing a leaf or twig into the water and watching it go under the bridge.  I imagine this is hugely empowering to him.  To be the one that sets something onto a new,  unexpected course. And if it makes a big splash, that's just a nice bonus!



Luckily Sawyer is a pretty easy going baby.  He loves watching is brother,  probably more than I do!  So he is pretty content to be on the move,  exploring the world from the comfort of the stroller or in the ergo baby carrier (he definitely prefers this,  then he gets to ride in mom!)

I love how this captures both of their personalities perfectly! 

I'm excited for the time my boys will be able to run together and share adventures.  Finn will love having a constant playmate and I know Sawyer will love his rambunctious brother.  But for now,  I'm happy snuggling one while watching the other.  It's the best of both worlds!

Comments

Popular Posts