Fathers Are the Best


Father's day was spent with the family up in Heber, gathered around my grandma's patio. Talking, BBQing, laughing. These are days I live for - especially now with so much time wrapped up in studying and working on the yard. As I sat next to my dad, I realized just how much of an influential force he has been in my life.

Dad, you have taught me the importance of working hard and being honest. A person's not much without their word, and you have shown me that time and time again. Lesson two (not that these are in any particular order) family comes first. Families are there for you when you need them, and sometimes when you think you don't. ;) But at the end of the day, I know I can always count on you, mom and Nicki. Your love is endless - something I know was tested more than once while in my high school years.

Daddy-Daughter Lesson three - as a girl, I have to work twice as hard. Whether this is true or not in my profession as a teacher, I still take this to heart. Working hard, being loyal, giving my best and not being satisfied with less has helped instill in me the drive to follow my dreams and land me where I am today.

Lesson four - see, and experience, the world. Through your (and mom's) hard work, I have been fortunate enough to travel throughout Europe, Mexico, Canada, and the U.S. states (not to mention our upcoming trip to Costa Rica!). It is through these experiences that I have gained insight into who I am and how I fit in this crazy puzzle that is our world.

There are more lessons than I can count, but with each and every one of them I know you were guiding me through with love and patience in your heart. I love you and Happy Father's Day!

Comments

  1. So touching! You are an awesome writer and I am envious of your poetic writing skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie! I'm so glad you are back from your awesome trip, now I get super nice comments on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts