What's next?

Two great girls I went to USU with have started a project that is out to redefine beauty. They explain the dangers of the mixed messages our current culture keeps throwing at us via TV, billboards, ads, etc about ideal body images. Today they posted an article from MSN , about the current trend of Botoxing those pesky wrinkles away. Botox for 18 year olds? 16 year olds? Yep! The need for perfection, even in the young (ha! I love that I can talk about people being young) is getting to a disturbing point. I can't say that I am thrilled to get wrinkles or that I don't take preventative measures, like staying pasty white year round, but I do know that I am excited to continue to grow up gracefully.

Is there anything wrong with looking like you have lived and loved life?

Comments

  1. I love what those girls are doing, love following it on FB, wish I was closer to go to a presentation.

    Can't believe teens are starting botox! Sick! Have you seen before and after pictures of Heidi Montag? She looks older.. and she's going to have do that for the rest of her life. Ick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean! It is crazy what mainstream media seems to value. Completely different than what it should!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts