Communication

Text. Body language. Clothing choices. Looks. Words. Signals from a car. All of these things contribute to the way that we communicate with other people. This week I have been fascinated by communication - or really the lack of traditional communication, talking. I find that most of what I say isn't actually being said. I text or give looks to answer simple questions. I rarely call people to just talk. But now I am realizing more that I should be doing that - talking. There would be less confusion, fewer instances of "is the emphasis on this word or another one?" (clearly, I over analyze things!), and more interaction with people (which is bound to be a good thing, right?!).

So when did it get to be almost uncomfortable to just talk?

Comments

  1. I love your thought provoking commentary. I talk with my mom on the phone all the time, but with my peers it's either face-to-face or text. Makes me wonder how my own children will interact with their peers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts