Valentines in the Classroom

Valentines day in a first grade classroom is precious. We celebrated on Friday and the students were excited to get and receive cards with their names written on it. I especially loved watching them hand out their cards! As a teacher,  I am also included in the process and wow, some students go above and beyond! (see picture below). But it was through this exchange that I realized I am getting older. Odd, right? But the chalky conversation hearts don't all say the things they used to when I passed them out in school. Rather than U R Cute, Love You, Call Me. I have a box of Diva hearts. Yes Diva hearts. Now they say Text Me, Posh (had to explain what that one meant to Mr. Dub), and one had a picture of a stiletto shoe, and my personal favorite Holla! Not quite the message I want my lil' 6-year-olds to have on their candies, but  that's assuming they even take time to read them before eating - so I'm probably safe.

Valentine's Day with awesome students is pretty great - until the sugar high kicks in!


Homemade Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie - A.M.A.Z.I.N.G

Comments

Popular Posts