Accomplished, and then...

After talking to my bestie on the phone, I got to thinking about something she said. She mentioned that one of her friends is having a hard time adjusting to her life goals being completed. Everyone has a list of what they want to accomplish, but what happens when you have done it? It seems like her friend is at a stand still because her list (though I don't know if this is what it is in it's entirety) has been fulfilled - all at the age of 25.
 * College degree - check
 * Married - check
 * Career - check
 * Owning a home - check (and bravo!)
 * Owning the requisite dog for item four - check

Now what?

I have had a similar feeling, but I find myself trying new things. Nothing too crazy - be then again, who knows what a summer off from work will bring! Regardless, I am challenging myself in new ways. Recently I have begun to cook. Much to the happiness of Mr. Dub, I am expanding my culinary skills outside of burrito making. The new fade is soup. Yum! I can't believe I have lived so much of my life without the deliciousness that is homemade soup. Below you will find to links to my favorite soups so far - Roasted Vegetable and Kale Soup (hands down, my favorite) and today's soup adventure - Vegetarian Minestrone Soup.

Although it seems like the last few years have gone by in a whirlwind, I am excited that my life is stable enough for me to chose the adventures I want to have. There was a lot of spontaneity while going to school, and at times I miss that freedom. But what I have now is so much better and I am excited to expand my list of life goals. Any thoughts on what I should add?


My Souper Fantastic Minestrone Soup in the Crock Pot
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/kale_and_roasted_vegetable_soup/
http://www.recipezaar.com/crock-pot-vegetarian-minestrone-soup-395313

Comments

  1. That does look yummy! You are so gourmet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, thank you! I do try - especially when it is easy stuff like soup :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts