Thanksgiving - it's a date!


With my family out of town this year, and Mr. Dub's family not doing Thanksgiving (it's their off year), we decided to have our own. Turkey, potatoes, pie, the whole deal. At first I was a little weary about whether or not we were going to be able to pull it off and have everything at least be edible, let alone tasty. After three, yes three, trips to the store to get our ingredients, we began cooking late Thursday morning, starting with the turkey breast.

We found this amazing, I mean aaahhh-mazing, recipe for an herb roasted turkey breast on the Food Network site. Although it took a little work, the turkey turned out super yummy, not bland or dry. And the gravy - which normally I pass on - was also delicious! Here are the pictures of our Thanksgiving dishes (click on the links under the pictures to get the recipes)

The Turkey, and Ollie looking pretty interested.



Showing of my homemade pumpkin pie while wearing pjs


Keaton cutting our Turkey


Being able to stay home, mainly in our kitchen, and hang out with one and other eating yummy food was such a great experience. I missed not seeing family, but I also think Mr. Dub and I had a wonderful day being a family of two - plus some puppies!

Comments

  1. You're just too cute! What a fun, romantic holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was so much fun to have Thanksgiving just the two of us!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts