Halloween ~ Part II

On Saturday, I jetted off to Florida with my mom. Our grand intention was to see the last launch of the space shuttle Discovery. However, that got delayed until the end of November due to leaks. Rather than canceling our trip, we decided to make it about Disney World and visiting the Kennedy Space Center.

I have never been to either place, or Florida for that matter. So this trip was a lot of fun! Only having one day to visit Disney World, which is about 47 square miles, mom and I attacked it with more enthusiasm than I thought possible after our 10-hour flight the day before. We started with the Animal Kingdom, which was definitely our favorite!
Me and my awesome mom!

Here are some of my favorite pictures from this part of the day:
Hippos
Baby Gorilla
Giraffe

Elephant

Lion
Gorilla

Ostrich


We went on a few rides that were pretty fun and saw a ton more animals. After lunch at the Rainforest Cafe, we went to the Magic Kingdom! There were a few rides we had to go on - Splash Mountain, Pirates of the Caribbean, the Haunted Mansion (it was Halloween Day after all), and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Here are some pictures from this portion of the day!
Cinderella's Castle

The Haunted Mansion



My yummy kid's cone!
Before going to the Epcot center, we made a quick stop at Hollywood Studios for exactly one reason - the tower of terror (my all-time favorite ride!). I would go back to Disney World just for this ride alone! 
This is a screen shot of the awesome picture they try to sell you. We are behind the girl in the fantastic smiley face shirt!

The Epcot center was a lot of fun too, although we were getting pretty tired of walking! Disney World, even with all of its yummy food, is an amazing workout! We went on Spaceship Earth (the huge golf-ball looking building), Test Track (where you go 60 mph in an open car through some pretty fantastic turns!), and we walked all around the "world". Epcot is pretty neat because they have created 15 or 16 different "countries" featuring the food and architecture from each place. 




Toward the end of the day, I started trying on silly hats. I think I should document all my adventures like this!








Here is a movie from creating our own future! :)









Comments

Popular Posts