Happiness Even When it Rains

Today I had a second student move out of my class (this is two within the last 10 days). Both times it was completely unexpected. And both times they were students I wish I could have in my class forever. There are times and students you meet when you think, "Wow, it was great having this experience," but it is easy to say good bye when the time comes. And then there are those students that impact you more, for whatever reason, and they make teaching an undeniable joy. Both of these students were amazing in their own ways, and both of them I will miss dearly.

So, trying to stay positive, I have been thinking of all of the things that have made me happy in the last 24 hours. Here's my list:
* Keaton's Apple Cider
* Puppies playing in the leaves
* The way Wyatt guards his bone, but wants to come up for pets at the same time - not knowing which to do.
* Allowing myself a night off of homework (that would be tonight, hehe)
* Watching my students play "teacher" when they finish centers and begin reading to each other.
* My parents for unexpectedly bringing bagels over so Mr. Dub and I had something to eat for breakfast (although I had just made pancakes from scratch, sshh...don't tell)
* Browsing Etsy.com for hours.

With the craziness that has been this fall, I am striving to keep my stress at a minimum and make sure that I am thankful for what is in front of me - no matter what is going on.

here are some etsy finds that make me excited :)


I want this hat ~ and her complexion!

Comments

Popular Posts