Inspiration, followed by frustration

So Mr. Dub and I have been in our house for almost a year and a half. And walking through we knew we had the wonderful opportunity to really make this home ours (that's a fantastic euphemism for "we really have some updating to do!"). Our primary focus has been on the yard, the back to be specific, as it had been terribly neglected. This spring we will be completing the backyard and the front yard (yippy!). But in the months that we can't work on it, and it sits waiting to be completed, I have been wondering what we can do to the inside of the house. Mind you, we have been paying for graduate school so I definitely am interested in the DIY style! Here are some looks I really love and I would like to some how incorporate into our home!
I really like the brightness of this room, found at Utah Style and Design. The trunk for a table is awesome and I like the incorporation of green, it definitely makes it feel welcoming and happy! 


This room is amazing. It will break Mr. Dub's heart if I set my mind on this one, as our current furniture/style doesn't resemble this at all. But I do love the textures, natural look, and warmth of this room. :)
I really like this bedroom featured on Design Sponge. I think the hardest thing will be choosing one style for our home!


We really love this breakfast nook. When we re-do the kitchen (who knows when, but it will happen!) I am torn between having a more formal dining room of a fun table/chair/bench look. Thoughts?

Comments

Popular Posts