A wonderful man

Last week my family lost an amazing man. My grandpa, Lowe Ashton, loved life - especially his family and he fiercely adored my grandma. Love like that is rarely seen, but I have been fortunate to witness my grandfather's commitment to my grandmother and passion for his family. It's hard to express what this man means to me. He was the only grandfather figure in my life - but I couldn't have asked for a better one! Growing up with him I thought all grandpas were bald, that birthday spanks were a must, a person's nose isn't safe and is a great place to "bite", and reading is one of the great past times a person can enjoy!

After going to his funeral on Monday - or as my family has called it a celebration of life - I realized how amazing of a person my grandfather really was. As the third grandchild, I only knew my grandpa for what he was - my grandpa. Listening to his friends of 60 plus years, my dad and aunt, and the various stories others told, I have come to learn that Lowe Ashton was one in a million. If I can lead a life half as honest, passionate, and adventurous as he did, then I will be truly blessed.

Comments

  1. i love that it was a "celebration of life". That tells me he led a wonderful life and sound like he was an amazing man. I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie I am so sorry! I am glad you got to learn so much more about him. Grandpas are the best! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts