Doughtnut Muffins - Doughfins?

Sounds like the healthiest thing in the world, right? But man, are they delicious. On Saturday I perused some blogs and stumbled across the recipe for doughnut muffins (click the underlined words for the link to the recipe). Now, I am not a huge fan of doughnuts, but the recipe made it sound like these things were a wonderful hybrid of muffin and cake doughnuts - both of which I love! After taking a chance, making my own buttermilk - that's what impressed Mr. Dub! - and rolling them in cinnamon and sugar, I was quite excited that they were not only eatable, but super yummy!

The recipe makes a ton, I quartered it this time since I didn't know how they would turn out. We ended up with 6 large muffin-doughnuts - should they be named doughffins or muffnuts, hmmm.....

Happy Baking!

c00205_01lg.jpg
photo from Fine Cooking

Comments

Popular Posts