An Ordinarily Perfect Day

Official chair tester


There are moments when being a parent is the most amazing thing. These moments help fill up the I-love-my-toddler reserve so I can tackle, with the best of my patience, those times your toddler is yelling at you for slicing his Apple but he just wanted to "eat the whole thing!" Or " I don't want blueberries in my blueberry muffins" after said toddler help bake blueberry muffins and was in charge of mixing in the blueberries.

This week Finn gifted me one of those days that seemingly should have been fairly ordinary, but ended up being extraordinary. With Keaton busy with school and projects the boys and I made a Target run and without having anywhere to rush to we just wandered around. We spent a grand total of an hour and a half roaming Target. Finn was so excited by everything he saw down every aisle. From looking at bubble guns to patio furniture to character alarm clocks ( which he made sure to test all the buttons on to hear the funny noises, at one point covering his eyes and randomly pushing buttons - I'm sure my fellow shoppers just loved hearing the minions make their funny noises over and over again).

It was so much fun watching him. Sometimes when things get to be too crazy or I feel like my checklist is just not being completed fast enough, I miss out on just watching him. He really gifted me this day and I love him all the more for it!

Being an animal at the zoo. This kid has my heart completely.


Parenting bonus:
After I was done putting Sawyer down for the night, Finn wanted to tuck me into bed. He brought his elephant star machine (something that he loves and uses every night; so this gesture was beyond sweet). He asked me to lay in my bed, tucked my blanket over me, and stroked my face saying "it's time to rest."

Sometimes my heart just explodes with happiness at watching my kids. I feel so lucky that they are mine and that I get to be their Mom.

Comments

Popular Posts