First Road Trip - We Survived & Had Fun!



Last Wednesday I embarked on my first road trip with my two boys sans husband! Finn, Sawyer and I we're lucky enough to be invited down to my parent's home in Mesquite, Nevada. While being in the warmth sounded heavenly, spending five and a half hours in a car with two littles all sounded like torture! Luckily my wonderful mom stepped up and we had Nana to join us for our first road trip!

Surprisingly, both boys did fantastic! Finn didn't sleep at all, but he was entertained the whole time and Mr. Sawyer bug slept four of the five and a half hours. It was such a relief to have it not be the terrible ordeal I was imagining!

While down there we spent our time playing at the park, meeting some friendly goats, and driving out to Lake Mead. This was Finn's first time hiking in the desert and he absolutely loved it! We climbed to the top of this "mountain" and he didn't want to come down!

On top of our "mountain "!

Finn took his balance bike off reading and did AWESOME!

Testing the waters.


Finn and I being watched by lifeguard Bear dog.

My parents have this really neat kayak that can assemble to fit two or three people (even more if they have the parts!). Finn kept calling it his speed boat and completely enjoyed being peddled around by his mama. I think going down will have to become a regular thing once it gets so cold up here.

They have such a nice little park that parallels a bike trail and we met some new friends while down there.


Finn and Papa on a morning ride.

I am so thankful to have such generous and loving grandparents for my boys ( they even gave me some much needed mommy-free time!)!


Comments

Popular Posts