Life With Two



I think most Moms will agree, and maybe some dads, that when you are about to have your second child you question a lot of things. Things like "Am I going to be able to handle this?" "Am I going to be able to love the second one as much as the first?" Is my first child going to love having a sibling or secretly devise a way to make mom and dad "return" the newest arrival?" "Will I ever not have laundry to fold?"

There are a lot of things that I was worried about once we found out we were expecting baby boy Sawyer, but my primary concern was would my heart be able to share the amount of love that I held for Finn with our new person. Simply, would there be enough room to share.

Then this amazing thing happened.  Not right away,  but within the first few weeks of having Sawyer home with us, I learned that I would not only fall in love with Sawyer because he is ours (and undoubtedly the happiest,  most lovable baby), but I fell more on love with Finn. Finn took on this role of Big Brother in such a way that just made my heart swell with pride,  excitement,  love and a bit of apprehension.






For months,  every morning (literally every single one) Finn would wake up and ask "Where's  brother?  Where's the baby?"  Seeing this sibling bond form is one of the most exciting things about having two littles.  Sawyer looks at his brother with such delight,  pure joy and Finn (for the most part) loves him right back.







These two are my world right now.  They have my heart and I am forever grateful that they have shown me how to love two people with such intensity and uniqueness.

(Sadly, I have yet to find how to be laundry free. )

Comments

Popular Posts