Legit



Yesterday marked a milestone that I didn't even know existed. My bestie Kunzie and I presented at the 32nd Intermountain Conference on the Education of Gifted and Talented. The conference was geared toward teachers of gifted and talented students in both the general education classroom and magnet programs. When our professor first approached us about presenting, I was a bit overwhelmed. Then, as Kunzie and I talked, we began to get excited about the prospect of teaching other educators what we have learned and implemented into our classrooms. Unbeknownst to us, we had to present for 2 1/2 hours. That is quite a bit of time and material to prepare for!

But yesterday came and went and we rocked it! I have no clue what I said, but Kunzie reassures me that it was brilliant. All I remember is watching Kunzie do a fantastic job and then listening to the positive feedback from our peers. Would I do it again? I think so! It's quite an empowering experience to be involved with something that utilizes your own knowledge base and experience. The opportunity to share is such a  wonderful feeling and something I love about my profession.

Comments

Popular Posts