Where oh Where does the time go?

I have been neglecting this poor post for a couple of weeks. Which is always horrible because then I get out of the mode of posting (my whopping once a week commitment - clearly something that is too much for me). Life in the KDubs household has been fairly routine - aka hectic. I just finished up student grades, parent teacher conferences, and continue to work on grad homework. Mr. Dub is constantly planning how we are going to finish the front and back yards. (which I am totally stoked to do!).

Much of my time has been consumed with projects that I want to do, and conveniently avoiding the projects that seem more or less boring (particularly homework). One idea I have been thinking about over the last few weeks is creating a reading nook in our house. I love to curl up with a book and read, but I have only a few possibilities in my house to do so - the living room (but there is the tv distraction) and the bedroom (the bed being too comfy and what starts out as reading turns into an unplanned nap). Here are some reading spaces I have found that I really like.
I really like the mix-match frames they have - though I need to keep in mind what works with our brick-red wall. 
I love the idea of an ottoman!

This floral chair makes me smile!
If I could have a window seat, I would totally do this! I love the neutral colors.
I like the idea of having two chairs since there are two of us! I also like the large abstract painting with the smaller ones on either side. I am not thrilled with how they have the throws tucked in on the chairs. 




Comments

Popular Posts