A Journey Through my Musical Life

  It struck me this morning that my musical taste has transformed quietly over the years. I'm astounded that I now love folk alternative music, such as Mumford and Sons and the Avett Brothers (who does love a good banjo solo?!). There is something so utterly soulful about their style. I laugh thinking about how my taste in music has changed. From MXPX in junior high, to Millicolin, Social Distortion and other punk bands that filled my high school years. Even the names of these bands are oh so perfect for high school students!
   It is exciting to have my musical palette stretch and encompass more genres! I am loving rocking out to Sara Bareilles and Ingrid Michaelson, but still showing some love to the Top 40 as well! Here's to a day filled with music as a work my way through homework and dishes!
One of my favorite songs by Mumford and Sons

Comments

Popular Posts