Our Break

Fall Break is sadly over, but several new things have happened in the KDub residency. First, we have a new old car! We have adopted a used 2000 Nissan Pathfinder and sadly - well maybe not that sad - gave Mel (our white Saturn) to Nicki and Jon. I am absolutely in love with this car! I feel more rugged and sporty - even though clearly these are not my strong traits.

It was Mr. Dub's birthday over the weekend! And, drum roll..............he chose to do yardwork. Surprise surprise! But we are almost done with the yard. We need to build our garden planters and put rock on the narrow, north-side of the house then ta da! We'll be done.


The pile of rocks to the left are going in the fire pit :)


(more pictures at the end of the post)



In order to celebrate the big 27, I baked Mr. Dub a cake. Now, this is only the second time I have made a cake from scratch. The first one turned out pretty sad. After scouring recipes, I found the one that seems to encompass all, or most, of his likes. This is what I found, Spicy Chipotle Chocolate Cake . And although I'm not a huge fan of chocolate cake and cream cheese frosting, it was pretty dang delicious. And it turned out pretty.

Lots of frosting and two layers :)


Yard


The machine that has helped us through it all (and is fun to drive)

The puppies love to play on the grass.

Goofy Wyatt standing on the bucket of the machine!

Comments

  1. I'm impressed with the yard! I can't believe all the rock. No wonder you kept coming to work all sore from a weekend of manual labor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts