Pop Up Pancakes - New Sunday Favorite

Another successful baking/cooking experiment completed! I am stoked! If you knew me BKM - Before Kitchenaid Mixer - you would realize how culinary stunted I used to be. But that is the old Katie, now the new and improved cooking Katie is on a role! Yesterday I found the most intriguing way to make pancakes - bake them in the oven in a muffin tin. But how? Would it be delicious? Oh yes, yes it is. I highly recommend this recipe to anyone who loves pancakes. Mr. Dub said "they are great cups to hold his syrup." hehe. If you don't know Mr. Dub, he loves (which almost feels like an understatement) maple syrup. I have never met another person with the same affinity to maple syrup as my wonderful husband. These truly are yumtastic!

I found this recipe on the Simply Modern Mom blog and here it is - I changed it just a bit for our tastes! (I also halved the recipe as there are only two of us, and the original makes between 16-24 depending on how much you put in each muffin tin)

Ingredients:
1 cup milk
1 cup flour
6 eggs
1/4 cup melted butter
dash salt

Dub additions:
1 tsp of honey
sprinkle cinnamon on top of the batter before putting into oven 
Put 3-4 dried blueberries into batter while in muffin tin

Preheat oven to 400ºF. 
Blend all the ingredients, works best in a blender to get the batter smooth. 
Grease your muffin tins or baking pan very generously. Makes 24 muffins or fills a 9×13 inch baking pan. 
Bake them for 15 minutes, or until puffy and golden on top. 
Use a knife to pry them out, hopefully they were greased well enough and should pop right out. 




Comments

  1. Looks yummy! I'll have to try them. I like the additions, too. Thanks for a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts