Didn't see this one coming

Moments of frustration come and go throughout the day - a student not following directions, stepping in the dog's water dish, realizing that no you can't wear your favorite pink shoes because you can't find the second nylon sock (can't relate to the last one, really?hehe). But what about the big moment? When all the isolated instances of frustration build up and result in an ungraceful, slightly insane, completely comical outburst? Such an outburst has struck the Dub household. Before I own up to my purely immature act, let me qualify that today - and last week - were particularly interesting. Mind you that all the comments below were made by the same student. :)

* "Funky Monkey I'm going to beat you." - said to an unsuspecting little girl.
* "You pretty much have to put soap in my mouth or duct tape my mouth shut for me to be a better student."
* "I didn't pinch him that hard."
* "What happens if I don't finish." - only said about every half hour for the past 2 weeks!
* "What if I tell you when I'm ready to read."
* "Can I be the teacher?"
* This last one is not a quote, but so random I have to share. After being caught crawling around under a desk, this particular student (who was supposed to be a math wall helper, thus leading the discussion at the carpet) landed himself in a time out and a brief talk with Mrs. Dub in the hall about what he should be doing. Rather than listening he lifted up his pant leg, un-velcroed his shoe and kicked it off. Only to say that his shoe had come undone. Genuis.

Where have all of these moments led me? Understandably frazzled (at least this is what I tell myself). Tonight I found I was getting unusually perturbed that Mr. Dub had put seasoning on our pasta dinner I didn't think should be there. In order to cover up the taste I did what any normal person would do, sprinkle a whole bunch of grated Parmesan cheese. Still not satisfied, I reached for the bottle to add more and I found my self shaking the cheese not on my pasta, but on Mr. Dub - more specifically his head. I then broke into a fit of laughter.

Two things learned today - I need to totally work out before eating dinner, seems to help with the pent up frustration. Secondly, Mr. Dub is amazingly patient as all he did was shake off the cheese and ask if I felt better. Anyone else have moments of complete insanity?

Comments

  1. I love it! Thanks for making me laugh and keeping me entertained on this LONG, LONG day of class. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom and Dad are in Pagosa Springs, CO...headed to Durango for meetings. Loved the blog on your week. Frustration is a part of life; the better you can teach yourself how to cope, the morelife you will have in the end as you won't loose time fretting over the spilt milk or lost opportunities. Lots of snow over here and they call this spring break...The snow is about 4 feet deep. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you! You are the best! Your gem is certainly one for entertainment, as long as he stays in your class and of course isn't bothering me!!! Thanks for the good laugh, oh and you deserve coffee EVERY morning!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts