Poor Blog

Well I have all but abandoned this blog. Once school started, things became hectic to no end. So here I am a month and 10 days to update what has happened.

School:
I have 21 amazing students. They are brilliant and kind and ready to learn. But some of those students have proven to be the biggest challenges I have faced in my teaching career. It took some time to adjust to having multiple students with very different behavior needs. There were a few days that were rough beyond belief, where I came home exhausted, defeated, and struggled to figure out how to  make things better. But slowly, like most things, we all adjusted. We became safe and understanding of one and other and I have chosen to view this year completely differently. This year is our year to do something amazing in our first grade classroom. And I love those students who have worked so hard to adjust their behavior, for they are not the same students that they were on those first few bumpy weeks.

Home:
We are still tackling the front yard, but at a more pitiful pace. This week, things were put on a hold while our roof is being re-shingled. Not a fabulous process, but the company we are going through is making it as painless as possible. I struggled with the idea of us doing this project or contracting out, but after watching three guys hacking away at the three layers of awesome shingles, I am 100% confident that we made the right choice.

Adventures:
Hoping to have some soon. Mr. Dub is busy learning new programming - which I am extremely proud of! But every once and a while I do daydream about traveling somewhere new and exotic. Maybe with a beach and a good book. So fingers crossed we can put something together - I think this year is definitely the year that relaxation will be a top priority!

Comments

Popular Posts