Weekend of Fun!

This weekend was definitely a blast - with some work thrown in for good measure! Keaton and I spent Saturday working in the yard, digging the sprinkler trenches - which I'm surprisingly good at. Then met up with my family at Porcupine Pub for lunch with my family. Afterward, we went to Sugarhouse Park for fireworks. I have gone to Sugarhouse fireworks for the 4th of July (well, 3rd or 5th depending on the year) since I was in elementary school. There is a strong sense of nostalgia surrounding this holiday and this tradition. I'm excited that Keaton and I can keep it alive and kicking, even if parking requires some creativity and good footwear. Dana and Joel met up with us and the fireworks were absolutely stunning! 

                       
At Sugarhouse Fireworks - sadly our camera died after this

Night sky before fireworks

On Sunday, I spent the morning working in the trenches then earned a trip to the movies with my Mom and sister. Surprisingly, they both wanted to watch Eclipse. I'm not going to lie, I have read the books, but I'm not a huge fan of the movies. This third installment wasn't the worst movie of the three, film wise it was a lot better. But holy cow, the lines were unbelievably cheesy! So funny sitting next to a dad that clearly was drug to the movie. I could tell he was counting down the minutes to the end of the movie! 

Birthday hike up Big Cottonwood Canyon!


On Monday, my 26th birthday (eek!), Keaton and I grabbed breakfast and my favorite coffee and headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon. We originally planned to hike a different trail, but ended up at the Butler's Pass/Dog Lake trail head. The hike was amazing! It followed a stream up the mountain and most of the time we were hiking under the shade of the trees. Every once and awhile the trail opened up to a meadow and there were tons of blue butterflies. It was a wonderful way to spend the morning/afternoon! 




the stream that we followed


Getting a lil' rosy! :)

Where's Keaton? Can you spot him?
The trees were so pretty!


The top of the hike, looking into Emigration canyon



One of the meadows on the way!

Comments

  1. It looks so beautiful! Sounds like a perfect weekend - other than the trench digging. You look so cute in your hat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts